This article is aimed to explain the main principles you should know to work with a voice successfully.
- A voice bot developed in our Dialog Builder is a bot that can talk to your client when he/she calls on the phone number the bot is connected to. The voice bot is just the regular dialog that can happen between two people, only in case of the voice bot a robot (your bot) answers to a person (your client). So, calling to a bot phone number, your client should talk to a bot normally. No additional requirements or sounds to start the speech are required.
- To develop a voice bot, you need to build a dialog structure in the Dialog Builder exactly in the same way you do it for all bots taking into account that this bot is the voice dialog between your client and a robot. This means that logically you can not use some tools of the Dialog Builder like buttons, for example. Also important: you can use text and audio files only!
- Developing a bot, you can use Forms, but we don’t recommend to collect long personal data like emails with them. To collect this data, your client should pronounce them a letter by letter so that a bot records them right. That is kind of long and annoying. In general when you use voice bots, it’s better to make forms simple and short not to overload your client with questions. Also take into account that the bot records the phone number of your client automatically, so no need to ask for it in the Form.
- If the voice bot doesn’t get what a client means 3 times consequently, it switches him/her to a live operator like in a text bot.
- The voice bot doesn’t work on Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, website widget or any other channel you can connect your bot to. The voice bot is only for phone calls.
- To use the voice bot, you can set up a phone number through Voximplant or Twilio. You can find an article how to set up a phone number on Voximplant here: https://academy.odus.ai/knowledge-base/how-to-set-up-a-phone-number-via-voximplant/ You can find an article how to set up a phone number on Twilio here: https://academy.odus.ai/knowledge-base/how-to-set-up-a-phone-number-via-twilio/